We provide professional top quality services. We are a team of professionals who has more than 50 years of experience in the area of testing and certification oftransport packaging and packing. Our laboratory background offers the possibility of professional assessment of packaging quality, mechanical verification of properties of packaging, packing and materials, as well as simulation of all kinds of transport loads. We are constantly expanding and improving our services to comply with validlegislation while meeting our customer needs.
In accordance with the mandate of the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic and international regulations
Our company is entrusted by the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic to these acts:
- Testing of construction types of packing and packaging, IBC ́s and large packaging
- Assignment of UN codes on approved construction type of packaging
- Manufacture controll and using of above mentioned construction types
- Inspections of IBC ́s in determined periods according to valid technical standards and in accordance with international transportation regulations.
We have our own Test laboratory no. 1075 (AZL no. 1075) for testing the packaging and IBC containers in particular for dangerous goods in accordance with international rules and standards – certificate of accreditation no. 399/2015 (ČIA accredited according to CSN EN ISO/IEC 17025)
Our laboratory equipment allows us to test all packaging material (metal, wood, large materials, cardboard, paper, plastics, glass and ceramics), because it has the required long-term climate control for certain materials in extreme conditions.
Centre of technical standardization
Per our 2007 contract with ČAS, we have worked as the Centre of Technical Standardization in the field of packaging, packaging, packaging materials, pallets and containers. In this area we provide the coordination and implementation of the tasks of thetechnical standards in accordance with the plan of CEN, ISO and technical standardization in the Czech Republic.
In the framework of international cooperation in the field of standardization, we provide and collect comments on technical standards and create process summaries of the opinion for the Czech Republic, which are transmitted by ÚNMZ to the international secretariats of the CEN TC 261 and ISO TC 122, CEN TC 172, ISO TC 104, and ISO TC 51.
Membership in national and international organisations
Magdalena Bambousková, Dis., the head of the CTN, is a member of:
- Advisory body to the president of ÚNMZ – RTN (the Council for Technical Standardization),
- President of the 3 TNK (Technical Normalisation Commission)
- TNK 78 - PACKAGING
- TNK 53 - FIBER, PAPER AND CARDBOARD,
- TNK 115 - CONTAINERS, SWAP BODIES AND PALLETS.
CIMTO, s. r. o., is through Mrs. Magdalena Bambousková, Dis., a member of the below listed national and international organisations:
- CEN TC 261 and ISO TC 122, where she represents the Czech Republic on behalf of ÚNMZ,
- Working groups of CEN TC 261/WG16 (Dangerous goods packaging) and WG 27 (Child resistant packaging), and
- Working groups of ISO TC 122/SC 3/WG 8 (Dangerous goods packaging) and WG 3 (Child resistant packaging).
We provide certification and assessment of conformity of products with the essential requirements according to official legislation for technical requirements for aerosol dispensers. We also carry out certification of packaging with child-resistant closures and the assessment of tactile warnings for the blind or visually impaired, and for thepackaging of chemical substances and dangerous products in accordance with the law on chemicals no. 356/2003 Sb.
This certification applies to the following products for packaging, transportation and storage according to international transport regulations, national legislation and technical standards:
- Woven plastic bags, plastic foils, and textile fabrics and paper,
- Wooden packaging,
- Cardboard boxes and drums,
- Boxes and other articles made of metal or plastic,
- Plastic bottles, canisters and drums,
- sMetal drums and containers (up to a volume of 450 litres),
- Fine metal packaging,
- Reservoirs, tanks, containers, IBCs and large packagings (up to 3000 litres)
- Aerosol dispensers (up to 1000 ml)
- Child resistant packaging
Our history1991 - formation of the state enterprise CIMTO s. p.
CIMTO is a direct successor of test and research activities in the field of transport packaging and packing, which was part of the comprehensive activities of the scientific research base IMADOS (Institute of handling, transport, packaging and storable systems). A stateinspectorate, which carried out the evaluation of the quality of the packaging and packaging materials, was added to the establishment of the CIMTO in 1991.2015 – transformation of the establishment and change in ownership
On the basis of the reorganisation processes carried out by the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic, the state enterprise Centre for information and mechanical testing of packaging CIMTO, s. p. (IN: 00311391) changed to CIMTO, s. r. o. (IN: 04050657).
CIMTO, s. r. o. is a subsidiary of the Transport Research Centre, v. v. i.
The Founder of the Transport Research Centre, v. v. i, is the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic.